- LLC companies may now be licensed as contractors;
certain types of misrepresentation of information in a mechanic’s lien voids the claim;
- a new requirement for workers’ compensation insurers to notify CSLB if your policy is cancelled;
- different penalties for not paying the general prevailing wage on a public works project (does not affect private works);
- a new requirement to re-certify your workers’ compensation insurance exemption at the time of each license renewal;
- requirements for notifying CSLB when a license qualifier disassociation takes place; and,
- a new alert is sent to CSLB from the Labor and Workforce Development Agency when employees are misclassified as independent contractors.
Please contact our office or the Contractors State License Board if you have any questions about these changes.